Modo’s workflow differs significantly from many other mainstream 3D applications. While other products stress using the right tool for the job, Modo artists typically use a much smaller number of basic tools and combine them to create new tools using the Tool Pipe and customizable action centres and falloffs.
Modo allows an artist to choose a tool or action’s “pivot point” in real-time simply by clicking somewhere. Thus, Modo avoids making the artist invoke a separate “adjust pivot point” mode. In addition, the artist can tell Modo to derive a tool’s axis orientation from the selected or clicked-on element, bypassing the need for a separate “adjust tool axis” mode.
Any tool can be modified with a customizable falloff, which modifies its influence and strength according to geometric shapes. Radial falloff will make the current tool affect elements in the centre of a resizable sphere most strongly, while elements at the edges will be barely affected. Linear falloff will make the tool affect elements based on a gradient that lies along a user-chosen line, etc.
Modo allows an artist to paint directly onto 3D models and even paint instances of existing meshes onto the surface of an object. Pressure-sensitive tablets are supported. The painting results are stored in a bitmap, and that map can be driven by anything in Modo’s Shader Tree.
This software product is popular with CG designers in advertising, packaging design, game development and special effects for video films, and architectural visualization. And it’s easy to see why. The relative ease of use and robust feature set make it one of the best tools for the needs of artists and animators.
|Updated:||February 16, 2023|
Below are the links to download MODO for PC (Windows, macOS, Linux). Choose the distribution you need and download it. All links are direct and checked for malicious inclusions.
- Download MODO 16.1v1 msi (490,88 MB) [Windows 10+]
- Extend the capabilities of your artistry with Modo 16.1. Enhance your modeling workflow, gain more control over how shapes are created, and effortlessly create complex 3D shapes from curves, all whilst benefiting from faster-than-ever rendering.
- Download MODO 16.0v4 msi (1,4 GB) [Windows 10+]
- Download MODO 16.0v4 pkg (1,4 GB) [macOS 10.15+]
- Download MODO 16.0v4 run (1,5 GB) [Debian/Ubuntu]
- Download MODO 16.0v1 msi (1,4 GB) [Windows 10+]
- Download MODO 16.0v1 pkg (1,4 GB) [macOS 10.15+]
- Download MODO 16.0v1 run (1,5 GB) [Linux]
Download the installer you want, run the installation and follow the instructions.